Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Better Than Sex Chex Mix


I have to be careful every time I make this Chex mix because I WILL eat. It. All. In one sitting. It is one of those foods for me that I want to eat all day every day. It is soooo good and so easy to shovel into your mouth. Ugh I love it. I have made it many times but now I only make it as gifts for people other wise I might start to get myself into some sugary trouble. This Chex mix has got it all. Chex, pretzels, Reese's, mnms, chocolate, caramel!!! I threw in some special K popcorn chips just for the heck of it this time. The best part about it is, you can make it different each time (which I usually do). If you want some popcorn in there, add it! If you want snickers instead of reeses, you go for it girl! Don't want marshmallows? I'm not stopping you! I have made so many variations. One time I even put potato chips in there. By the way, chocolate covered potato chips are very very tasty.


All the yummy crunchies

SEXY COATING

Is that a caramel drizzle I see?

White chocolate yum yum

UGH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MESS

Better Than Sex Chex Mix

  •  1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. corn syrup
  • 6 tbsp. butter
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 5 cups Chex cereal (any kind you want, I usually go with chocolate :) )
  • 3 cups chopped pretzels 
  • 2 cups mnms (I used peanut butter)
  • 1 cup mini Rees'es (unwraped kind)
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup caramels
  • 1 tbsp. heavy cream
Instructions
  1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Place your Chex and pretzels into a large bowl.
  3. Melt brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
  4. Add in the baking soda then pour over cereal mixture and mix so that everything is evenly covered.
  5. Microwave this for 3 minutes, stirring cereal every minute.
  6. Spread this mixture onto your prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
  7. Let cool slightly before spreading the Reese's, mnm's and marshmallows on top (so that they don't melt).
  8. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave then pour on top of cereal mixture.
  9. Do the same with the caramel and chocolate, then let the Chex mix cool completely before breaking into chunks and DEVOURINGGG
    Here is me devouring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment