Thursday, July 30, 2015

I hate boys bars

I. HATE. BOYS. They are stupid, confusing, and they all suck. Except for you Guy Fierri (I've never met him but we are dating). I made these bars in honor of my wonderful sister. Any boy who is stupid enough to let an adorable little fire cracker like her go, is bound to end up a grumpy frickin security guard dating someone boring and ugly (you know who you are). Sometimes boys do things to us innocent girls that are SO DANG DUMB that we need something truly amazing to cheer us up. Something like an "I hate boys" bar. And in a time like this, where even the flawless Miranda Lambert is getting screwed over by a crappy boy (you lost a good one there Blake Shelton!), these bars need to be flying out left and right. You've got a cookie on the bottom, oreos in the middle to fill all of the sadness, and brownie to top it all off. If you warm one of these babies up and put a scoop of ice cream on top, I promise you won't even remember what's his face's name.
p.s. - All boys who read this, I'm not sorry right now, but I'm sure I will feel bad eventually so I apologize in advance for my harsh words

I Hate Boys Bars

Cookie Layer
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla 
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 15 S'more Oreos
Brownie Layer
  • 10 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used hersheys special dark)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 pan with foil and overhang.
  2. For the cookie dough, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
  3. Add in the egg and vanilla until combined.
  4. Slowly add in the flour, then fold in the chocolate chips.
  5. Spread into the prepared pan.
  6. Press the oreos on top of the cookie dough layer.
  7. For the brownie layer, mix the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. 
  8. Add in the vanilla, flour, and salt, then spread on top of oreos.
  9. Bake for about 40 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
  10. Allow to cool before cutting into bars, or follow in my foot steps and eat them straight out of the pan because what girl has time to wait for things to cool when her heart is in a million LITTLE PIECES!? 




No comments:

Post a Comment